Fire Safety
KEEP YOUR HOLIDAYS SAFE
Click Here for Basic Safety Tips
     
"Make sure Christmas tree lights are the only thing illuminating your tree"

December should be a joyous time of year. Unfortunately, home fires increase during this time - often due to the misuse or misunderstanding of electrical devices. During the past holiday season, electrical fires were one of the leading causes of Christmas tree fires.

Specific causes included: overloaded outlets, misuse of extension cords, not turning off decorations when going to bed or leaving your home, Christmas lights that are old and worn out, appliances or electrical cords not in good working order and various other reasons. Remember that if something doesn’t seem right, it probably isn't!!! Have a qualified electrician check it out or replace the item.

Keep your holidays HAPPY.

     
The following are Safety Pamphlets from the
State of Ohio Fire Marshal's Office
Smoke Detectors
Carbon Monoxide
Get Out Alive And Survive
Home Fire Safety Check List
Do You know the Hidden Hazards in your home?
A Guide to Portable Fire Extinguishers
Fire Safety for Healthcare Employees (R.A.C.E.)
Burning Wood Safely
Installing Your Wood Stove Safely